I want people to rise up, speak up, and woman up. "Liberty and justice for all"- that's my dream for America in my lifetime.
(Also- I don't capitalize when I blog- not out of contempt for the practice, just my little act of personal liberation.)
I want to shine a spotlight on just a few of the innumerable examples of worldwide violence, senseless discrimination, and systematic abuse of women. I believe increased awareness can lead to action and change.
2. Throw a punch (edit: uh, actually, I'm pretty sure this is something much more essential for a WOMAN to know how to do than a man)
3. Back up a trailer (edit: hello RV women)
4. Talk scotch (edit: because only men drink scotch. it's much too strong for the delicate sensibilities of women)
5. Change your own oil (edit: gimme a break- even that loony-toon Duggar dad taught his daughers how to change the oil!)
6. Play Hammerschlagen The tools: Hammer, Nails, Log (edit: best tailgating game I ever played)
7. Tie a half-windsor knot
8. Cook the perfect steak (edit: any man who needs to learn this can come learn from the pro who lives in my house)
Here are a few other important, nay, IMPERATIVE, things a man must know how to do:
1. Have a disagreement, argument, or debate with a woman without a. Belittling her b. Berating her c. Bullying her d. Beating her (in other words, treat her like a human being)
2. Understand and obey three simple words: No means No.
3. Expect nothing less from a female co-worker than a male. But while you're at it, if you want your wife/girlfriend to be able to bear your spawn, understand that the consequence for impregnanting them is to give them time to recover without penalizing them for missing work. You can't have it both ways.
4. Pay women the same you pay men. Period. Equal pay for equal work isn't that hard to understand.
5. Allow children to be who they want to be, regardless of their prescribed gender roles. If your son wants to play with a damn doll, let him. If your daughter wants to play baseball, let her.
6. Settle any arguments or differences without violence. This means ALL conflicts. (In other words, all men should know how to peacefully resolve conflict. I know it's a tall order, but if this one were realized...war murder gang violence domestic abuse etc.etc.etc. would be almost eradicated. Wow.)
I know there are others...as I think of more, I'll add to the list. If anyone else thinks of some, feel free to add. (Does this blog allow comments? I don't even know yet!)